When does the race begin?
- The 2 mile race starts at 9:00am
- The 5 mile race starts at 10:00am
- The race will start and finish near the Church on the Detroit Avenue bridge.
- Distance options include a 2 mile race and a 5 mile race. Both events are timed.
- No, all ages are invited to participate. Children in strollers may participate free; all other children must be individually registered.
- Both races will be B-tag chip timed. This method provides a disposable timing chip on the back of your race bib. There is no need to return your bib or chip after the race.
- A link to EnMotive's hub will be received upon crossing the finish line via email and text if participants opt in. Race results and photographs will be at the Hub. At that link participants can download and print a finisher certificate that is pre-populated with their name and time and they can pull their photos and friends photos into a video montage. Race results will not be at the SMCR website and will not be at McCarthy's. They will only be at the EnMotive hub.
- There are no course restrictions or cutoff times. All participants are welcome to take either course at their own pace (running, walking, or a combination). Please note that participants walking at a considerably slower pace than the majority bulk of participants may be asked to move to the sidewalks at police discretion to allow city streets to reopen.
How do I register for this event?
How much does it cost to participate?
- $35- Through 1/7/2024
- $40- 1/8/2023 – 3/10/2024
- $45- 3/11/2023 – 3/15/2024
- $50- Race Day
- Yes. We use the EnMotive registration system for online registration, which provides safe and secure payment processing. Your payment information will be protected by EnMotive. Transactions will be secure and safe and meet all PCI Compliance regulations. We will never sell or share your information with any third party
- Yes, EnMotive registration includes a small credit card processing fee. This fee goes directly to EnMotive and allows them to continue providing top-quality online registration services, race results, facial recognition photography, video montages and finishers certificates. The processing fee also allows EnMotive to stay secure and safe for transactions and meet all PCI Compliance regulations.
- The tax is levied by the event on behalf of the respective governments, the event will not get any additional amount, it is taken by the event- from the seller's point of view nothing has changed, the buyer pays the tax and the event takes it to pay to the government.
- Yes. When registering online, you are able to add additional registrations to your cart before checking out.
- You can check your EnMotive account for ALL your currently registered races by signing in on the EnMotive website. If you are having any issues accessing your EnMotive account, you can verify your registration by emailing EnMotive at help@EnMotive.com.
- In addition to being a part of one of Cleveland's oldest and greatest running traditions, all registered participants will receive an event shirt, B-tag chip timing, on-course entertainment, entry to the post-race after party at McCarthy's and the first beer is on us. In addition to all of the above all participants receive a finisher medal.
- All manufacturer's shirts run differently. We recommend that you check out the sizing chart before selecting your race shirt size: